If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for. ~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Tuesday, June 12

Apartment Farming

Thanks to my sister and her wonderful package of vegetable/flower seeds, I was able to start a little garden on our balcony.  My dream home would have about 10 acres of land for all this tomfoolery, but I have a cute little balcony and it'll do for now.
Things have come a long way since I started the seeds in the eggshells a few weeks ago- everything but the rosemary is transplanted and growing!


Chives:

Summer squash: 
Petunias: 

Sweet Basil


Thyme: 


Squash/cucumber trellis:

 The afore-mentioned squash and cucumber: 

A little visitor we had this afternoon:

By the way: butterflies? only pretty from far away. Close up, they are aliens with giant powdery wings. My camera took these at 1/1250th of a second. I love my Sony a580!


Also growing on my balcony are:
jalapenos
sweet banana peppers
thyme
basil
oregano
sweet peas (the flower)
cherry tomatoes
Parsley
Shasta daisies

All of this is mostly a way to get Arianne to come over and hang out with me!  We'll get our goats and chickens one day, Arianne!

No comments: