If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for. ~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Monday, July 9

First Ever: Cell phone photo dump!

Some of my favorite posts to read on my friends' (or complete strangers that I think are interesting) blogs are cell phone photos so I decided it was time to dump my cell phone (since it's full) and spread the joy.

This photo is from way back last winter.  They pile the clothes on kids and even when I think "holy cow she's going to have a heat stroke" my neighbors shame me into putting on another layer.  Finally I said fuhgedaboutit and plopped her wrap-around sleeping quilt in the stroller, then put her inside it. It's seriously like a sauna sleeping bag.  But were they happy with my oven-on-wheels? no.

Not a great photo, but I took it the day after our plane flight from America back to country- it was three days before Christmas. Those suitcases behind/beside her are full of Christmas decorations, and we unpacked them all and had three whole days of fa-la-la-la-la.


Goats head, anyone? Lunch? Supper? No?  C'mon, the eyeballs are still intact. Sorry about the ears, though. Gotta come early for them.

Look, that man is so strong he pushed that car over all by himself. oh wait...



Back in February we went back to Bangkok (where Joelle was born)- here she is remembering her roots and munching on some beloved mango. 


While we were in Bangkok we went back to Cafe Fish- remember this place, Mom and Dad? They came when Joelle was born and stayed a month and we loved this place's fish n chips!  Joelle likes it too much- she got too excited and lost her shirt.  (Hey, it's Bangkok. Who are we going to see that we know?)

Poolside in Bangkok, Joelle loving pomegranate juice and wearing my shirt to avoid a sunburn. Thanks, Dad!


Chiangmai, Thailand- mom has discovered pigtails. 

Back in country- loving playing on the concrete playground. 



 Scott and Joelle hanging out at the Starbucks in Guangzhou. We went to Guangzhou to go to the American Embassy to file the paperwork to get our boys from Ethiopia!

In a truck on the way to go pick strawberries. 


 She's fancy.

The secret to a bilingual child.  Seriously, she's looking intently at a Chinese-English dictionary. ha. Please don't notice that it's upside down, that'll just ruin it for me.


This was taken just yesterday- I wanted a picture and said "JOJO! SMILE!" and she seriously looked at me and cheesed it for a milisecond- and I got it. oh mercy, this child makes me cackle. 

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I love these pictures!! She is getting so big!

emily bennett said...

girl you know i love me some cell phone dumpage.

that girl is so freaking cute. i miss seeing you guys and think of you often. i can't wait to hug you and hug your kids- i can't wait for YOU to hug your new kids!