If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for. ~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Thursday, October 18

Silly Business

A few things have been going on, but none significant enough that they deserve their own blog post.  So I'm going to lump them all together just for fun.

- I fell off my bike today because I had tried to wave at some cute kids who were yelling "Hello Foreign Auntie!" 

- We wanted to have hamburgers tonight but the beef we bought a few days ago spoiled! So I had some pork tenderloins in the fridge and ground them up with my Kitchen Aid (with the meat grinder attachment) and ground up some bacon with it to make it interesting.  They were SO YUMMO.  Who knew?  Pork burgers.

- I found Kid's Crest "Pro-health" toothpaste today! Way to get with the times, River City!  JoJo LOVES her "winnie pooh" toothpaste. 

- Joelle has been crazy about helping me do chores.  She will take clothes to and from the dryer for me and likes to wash vegetables and rinse dishes in the sink.  I put two chairs side-by-side at the sink so she has plenty of room to flood the entire kitchen wipe with her little sponge. 

- This last week I let my students out of class early to teach them how to play frisbee.  I made them yell "Don't waste the sunshine!" before we got started.

- One day in class I knocked over the computer (which was already perched precariously half-on half-off it's little cupboard on the ground) and the students all gasped.  I looked up like I was in trouble and then ran away out of the classroom.  When I came back in, the students started laughing so hard that the teacher across the hall opened the door to see what was going on.

- A stubborn little neighbor refuses to believe that I speak Chinese to her.  She always responds "I don't understand what you're saying!"  So today in the elevator I told her how beautiful her hair was and asked if she did it herself.  She said "No, my Grandmother does my hair!" and I laughed and said "YOU DO UNDERSTAND!"  oh, she was so sad I caught her.  she stomped out of the elevator.

- We have a new foreign teacher at our school.  He is 6"11, from Kenya!  Oh hallelujah no one even notices us anymore, they stare with goo-goo eyes and shout to their friends "that handsome man is SO TALL!"  His first class all the girls were swooning over him and I had to push them out of the way to introduce myself.  HA!

- Earlier this week, while eating lunch, Joelle had a pee-pee accident.  So in the moment she was bottomless before I could put a new pair of pants on her, she said "uh oh! more pee-pee!"  So I had no time to rush her to a bathroom, she just squatted right there and let it all out.  We had to unroll a whole roll of toilet paper to mop it up.  And then we had to move tables.  Parenting moment FAIL.

- Joelle said a 6-word sentence the other day. "Mommy help give me game please!"

- 3 of my jalapeno bushes have finally started producing tiny jalapenos! Baby jalapenos are adorable, by the way.

That's all the silly business I can think of.  More later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She squatted and peed on the floor! Such a Chinese kid! :)

The Renfrows said...

I love your blog and really enjoyed this post!