If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for. ~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Thursday, June 21

Celebrating Father's Day

Mothers Day and Fathers Day have become favorite holidays ever since the Lord sent the stork to our house.

Parenthood is blessing and a miracle.  Not only is it just filled with humor, discovery and much sanctification, it gives ust joy to think of my own earthly fathers!

Here is a picture of these two knuckle-heads enjoying Father's Day breakfast (eggs, biscuits and bacon).  Look closely and see our four-legged daughter refusing to be left out, haha!  Do you REALLY think he's going to share his bacon, Adrian??


and look at my child prodigy... already writing!

Ever since we started getting to know eachother, Scott has always expressed his desire to be a father.  I love that he was the 'strong one' when we realized it wasn't going to happen easily for us but still cried with me over every negative pregnancy test.

...He was appropriately giddy when we finally got a positive test!  And appropriately ADORABLE when she was finally born:

When this little bald baby started stealing my snuggle-time with this man, I just couldn't be mad.

 
And it's safe to say he ALWAYS steals my snuggle time with HER!

No one gets her cacklinghappy like he can!

I love how we're growing together in parenthood.  It has changed us so much- and I always tell Scott that I wish he would just.grow.up...but you know? I think I take that back.  Well... except could you please keep doing chores around the house? Now that I've gotten used to it, I don't think I can go back.
But in every other way, I don't want either of you to grow up! You're so fun to watch. I honestly don't know how you can handle the burden to provide for us and then have the energy to come home and goof off like you don't have a care in the world!


Happy Father's Day, Scott!  Joelle has told me her favorite things about you, and here they are:
1. All of her nicknames, which are: BoBo, Jujubee and Smobobee (don't ask)
2. How you fix her breakfast on days you don't have an early class
3. How you throw her up in the air and we all wonder if she will return to earth
4. How you play hide-and-seek
5. How you help her to obey all the rules (well... she'll thank you for it one day)
6. How you love her mommy unconditionally
7. How you explain to strangers that babies don't like to be smacked in the face :-)
8. How you read her a bed-time story from her children's Bible each night
9. When you put on Laurie Berkner videos and she can "marching-marching"
10. How you cheer her on in everything- even going pee-pee in the "pobby".

Happy Father's Day, Scott!
ps. You're right: lists are better in increments of ten.

No comments: