If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for. ~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Friday, June 22

Happy Birthday Christine!! (Written by Scott)

     If you could put a tape recorder in our house you would hear an extreme variety of things.  You would hear words of affection and honor; you would hear lots of laughter (especially from our daughter); you would hear occasional arguments, disagreements, shouts, and tears; you would hear conversations about our future, raising children, our work here, and adoption; you would hear lots of the Andy Griffith Show, Friends, Psych, and every Disney movie known to man, and you most definitely would never hear silence. :)     So, Christine, in honor of your 27th birthday, I've compiled a list of your "greatest hits" (i.e. things you say the most around the house).  These are not necessarily in order of most frequent, but they're pretty close.

10) "Do you have to go potty?" (said to Joelle, not me :))

9) "Let's go outside and play!"

8) "I made a new friend today." (at the market, on the bus, in the downstairs courtyard, etc.)

7) "I saw this recipe on Pinterest I really want to cook tonight."

6) "Guess what I read in the Bible today?"

5) "I need a hug."

4) "Wow this stinks!"  (said to both Joelle and me, I'll let you decide to whom she says it more) :)

3) "I have an idea for a new project!" (a new dress for Joelle, a new plant for the garden, a way to improve the house, etc.)

2) "DADDY'S HOME!!!"

1) "I love you."

     Christine, today on your birthday, I want you to know that you are so loved by your family, and we are blessed to have you as a wife and mother.  You are an amazing woman who constantly impresses everyone you are around.  You have many gifts and talents, the best of which is the happiness you bring to our home.

Happy Birthday! I love you

No comments: