If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for. ~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Tuesday, June 26

Just another day in paradise

Welcome to a typical day in our home:

snuggle the unwitting dog


help mommy get the entire kitchen wet wash the dishes 

"Mommy, you told Daddy you didn't want to be in the picture... but here you are!"
Thanks, hon.



a little roof-top pool action 


homemade sausages and fresh veggies on the grill.

a game of ultimate Frisbee, if it's Saturday

playing on our balcony


try to scare mommy to death with your obsessive need to conquer all climbable objects 

taking time to find the joy in a rainy day 


mommy didn't plan ahead, so it's watermelon for lunch 

and spinach.  I'm NOT kidding. I blanched several batches of spinach to include in my morning smoothie and Joelle asked for some... and proceeded to eat it hand over fist.
# 1 reason I made my own baby food: she makes healthy choices like this now!

And if there's still enough day-light, we'll explore a new part of the city.

1 comment:

emily bennett said...

Did you take your other post down? i loved it- hope you didn't get any rude comments, it was fantastic.

I am adoring these pictures! Love your red dress in those first few kitchen pictures- you look awesome! And that apron for Jo? A.dor.a.ble. Did you make it? I cannot get over her curls, they are ridiculous. I miss you guys so much, wish I could help you get your kitchen wet and take a swim on your rooftop.